Cost of Hosting an Au Pair:
Hosting an au pair can be a cost saving solution compared to other childcare options and benefit your family on many levels. Agent Au Pair provides a great opportunity that gives families an affordable solution without sacrificing the high-quality in-home childcare they desire. Agent Au Pair provides the best option for families wish to host an au pair.
Program Fee Includes:
- Trans-Atlantic airfare
- Recruiting, screening and preparation of the au pair in the home country
- Health insurance
- Child development and safety training at the Au Pair Training School
- Documents to obtain the J-1 Visa
- Host family and au pair Orientations
- Au pair monthly meetings
- Year-long program support
- Commitment of a one-year program
Repeat Family Discount: $500
For families who have completed one full year as a client will receive a $500 discount off their next annual contract. If your family and au pair choose to stay together for a second year, your program fee is substantially reduced.
*In order to qualify for extension pricing, the host family needs to have had the au pair they are extending with in their home for 6 months or longer.
Thanks for Switching: $500
Host families who switch from another designated agency receive a $500 discount. A copy of the canceled check or paid invoice may be required for proof of payment (an application fee with another agency does not qualify).*
Military Discount: $1000
Agent Au Pair offers a $1000 discount to new host families who have at least one parent serving in the military or is a veteran. Military families sacrifice so much, this is our way of giving back and thanking them for their service. We are proud to support our families who serve our country!
Effective Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2017.
Host Family Referrals: $500
When you are a current host family and you refer a family who welcomes an au pair in their home, you will receive a $500 discount off your next au pair contract.
* The referral reward will be issued after the au pair is in the host family’s home for 90 days.
Effective July 16, 2019.
** All discounts are applied to 12 month programs only. Discounts are not valid for extension au pairs.
We offer several au pair program options. Please see our program options page for further details.
Au Pair Pro
Minimum Weekly Stipend
- Host families have the option to pay more than the minimum weekly stipend to their au pair. Under no circumstance should a family pay less than the minimum weekly stipend.
- Host Families are responsible for the cost of their au pair’s transportation from the Au Pair Training School in Connecticut to their home.
- Host Families are also responsible for the US Department of State $500 educational requirement contribution. ($1,000 for TutorCare)
- The U.S. Department of State calculation of the minimum weekly stipend is based on the federal minimum wage with a 40% deduction for room and board in exchange for childcare services. Host families and au pairs are free to agree to compensation higher than the legally applicable minimum.
- The au pair’s weekly stipend, room and board, education component stipend and other program fees are subject to change based on any revisions to Department of State regulations for the au pair program, or any other applicable laws or regulations. If this occurs, Agent Au Pair will inform families.
Standard Payment Plan:
|Due Upon Visa Approval||$2,450|
|Due Upon Au Pair Arrival in Country||$2,450|
Extended Payment Plan:
|Upon Confirmation Match||$3,995|
|Due 28 Days Before Au Pair’s Arrival||$1,200|
|Due Upon Arrival||$800|
|Due 1 Month Later||$800|
|Due 2 Months Later||$800|
|Due 3 Months Later||$800|
|Due 4 Months Later||$750|
|Total Payment:||$ 9,145|
* Extended Payment Plan includes processing fee of $250
Au Pair Pro Payment Plan:
|Due Upon Visa Approval||$2,750|
|Due Upon Au Pair Arrival in Country||$2,750|