Get Started Today!
To be an au pair in the USA, you must be between the ages of 18-26, speak English, have previous child care experience and have completed secondary school. Au Pair applicants must meet all of the U.S. Department of State requirements to be qualified for the au pair program. The rules and regulations are the same for all Au Pair Programs in the United States. Au pairs live and work with host families for 12 months on a legal J-1 visa.
Program fees to become an au pair in the USA range from $800 USD to $1,500 USD.
What's Included in the Au Pair Fees:
- Application and document processing in the home country
- Translation fees, if applicable
- SEVIS fee when the au pair departs
- Matching services
- Consultation and assistance when interviewing with families
- Visa application advice and assistance
- Pre-departure and travel information
Our international partner agents charge fees according to their individual policies and procedures. Each agent and country sets their fees based on a number of criteria, which may include local market conditions, supply and demand, and other economic and cultural criteria.