Get Started Today!
Thanks for your interest in Agent Au Pair, the world's most innovative au pair program. If you love an adventure and are great with children, Agent Au Pair is right for you. Au Pair applicants must meet all of the U.S. Department of State requirements to be qualified for the au pair program.
Requirements to become an au pair with Agent Au Pair:
- Between the ages of 18 and 26
- Be available for a 12 month cultural exchange program
- Have at least 500 hours of previous childcare experience
- Have good English language skills
- Be a secondary school graduate or equivalent
- Be in good health and have no criminal record
- Have a driver’s license
Frequently Asked Questions
How much are the program fees?
Program fees to become an au pair in the USA range from $800 USD to $1,500 USD. Our international partner agents charge fees according to their individual policies and procedures. Each agent and country sets their fees based on a number of criteria, which may include local market conditions, supply and demand, and other economic and cultural criteria.
What's Included in the Au Pair Fees:
- Application and document processing in the home country
- Consultation and assistance when interviewing with families
- Exclusive access to Renzulli Learning
- Health Insurance
- Matching services
- Return travel arrangements upon the successful completion of the program
- Translation fees, if applicable
- Travel arrangements to the United States
- Visa application advice and assistance
- 3 Days of in-person training in the United States
** Please note that the SEVIS Fee of $35 and the Embassy Fee of $160 are not included in the Program Fees.
Can I stay in the United States shorter or longer than 12 months?
The Au Pair Program has a minimum of 12 months, so individuals are not allowed to come to the United States on the au pair program and stay less than 12 months. Individuals have the option of staying longer than 12 months by extending their au pair program with the same host family or a new host family. Au pairs have the option to extend for 3, 6, or 12 months.
How long will it take before I match with a family and come to the United States?
Agent Au Pair recommends applying as soon as you have committed to participating in the au pair program. It takes roughly 3 to 4 weeks to complete your application – including gathering all your necessary documents.
Once you complete your application, the amount of time depends on when you apply and when you’re able to come to the United States. Many au pairs receive interview requests from potential host families within the first month. However, it can take between 1 – 6 months to be matched with the right family.
Can I apply without a driver’s license?
Yes, you may apply if you are willing to obtain your driver’s license before coming to the United States.