Au Pair Benefits
Taking care of young children requires maturity, hard work and patience. Your childcare duties will be challenging, but will also be rewarding, as you will help your host children to develop new skills and grow as an individual.
Being a member of an American family for a year is a memorable and life-changing experience. There are significant personal and professional benefits that come with being an au pair including:
Sponsorship of a J-1 Visa
- Agent Au Pair will sponsor you for 12 months through a legal J-1 Visa
- The opportunity to extend your program for another 6, 9, or 12 months
- 30 days to travel the country upon the successful completion of your program
Agent Au Pair Exclusive
- Agent Au Pair infuses Renzulli teaching methods into our program to elevate its learning benefits. Au pairs are trained in Renzulli methods and leverage the Renzulli Learning System.
- As a member of Agent Au Pair, au pairs have the option to take a free online course and receive 9 Contact Hours from the University of Connecticut that they can put on their resume!
- Au pairs receive up to $500 for enrollment in an accredited post-secondary institution for 6 units of academic credit or its equivalent
- TutorCare au pairs receive up to $1,000 for enrollment at an accredited post-secondary institution for 12 semester credits or equivalent
- Au pairs who extend their visa are required to take additional 3 – 6 credits based on their extension
Agent Au Pair School and Community
- Hotel, meals, orientation and Au Pair School training with qualified instructors in New Haven, Connecticut prior to going to your host family home.
- Introductions to other au pairs in the area and monthly meetings with your local community counselor
Housing and Travel
- A private bedroom with a pre-screened host family
- Round trip airfare to the United States from your home country
- 24 / 7 emergency direct line for emergency situations and continuous support