Au Pair Qualifications
Being an au pair is a wonderful way to experience American culture and life. The guidelines for participation in our program are determined by the US Department of State and Agent Au Pair must comply with these requirements.
To be an au pair, candidates must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 26 when they arrive in the USA
- Have at least 200 hours of previous childcare experience
- Be available for a 12 month cultural exchange program
- Have good English language skills*
- Be a secondary school graduate or equivalent
- Be in good health and have no criminal record
- Have a driver’s license
Please note, Agent Au Pair supports program participation from all nations, but obtaining a J-1 Visa may be challenging in some countries.
*Though official English language test scores are not required as part of the application process, submitting test results would be beneficial. Please see our score conversion chart.